Thursday, September 1, 2011

Error of Era....

Gene Kelly, Dean Martin, Esther Williams, and Audrey Hepburn are normally the actors involved in the movies I watch.  I'm listening to Lawrence Welk on my Pandora station.  I have a 1920's type writer outside on a diner table I greatly enjoy sitting at and typing on.  It's strange, sometimes I think I was born in the incorrect era. Does anybody else ever feel this way?
But even when I try to narrow it down to an era that could have possibly been right it still doesn't completely fit. There's something always missing or needed from a completely different time and place.  Last night I read from Isaiah 51:1, "Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn..."  And I did look back.  I looked at my family, my heritage, all the way back to Abraham and Sarah (which was advised in the latter of the verse).  And although, there are many deep spiritual meanings and revelations caught up in those verses, I had a curiosity about my era induced details.  Perhaps, this is the right era, for no other reason that everything I appreciate and enjoy could not be unless the eras had already passed.
I still have hopes of one day being a part of a community where pocket watches are worn with fedoras, bicycles are the main mode of transportation, and the Bangles are played in the background while everyone wears converse.  Maybe I'll make my own town...not a creepy one like from "The Village" and cool one like from "Big Fish".  However, until then it's a nice thought to think that maybe no one is ever born too early or too late. There is no errors in eras.


                                  
                         
This,for example, could not have been completed without the passing of eras. 

No comments:

Post a Comment