Saturday, November 19, 2011

"That" Girl.

"That" girl.  You know the one.  The connotation can go a variety of ways but if you're part of the female species someone or someones popped into your head at the term. "That" girl. Although various connotations some things remain a common denominator throughout all uses.

Denominators of "That" girl.

1.) You've totally facebook stalked her. And judged her by her appearance.
2.) You've talked about her with your friends and had them look at her fb pic as well.
3.) You regard her with a sort of arrogance because she is something you don't respect.

Numerators of "That" girl.

1.) She's the worst woman of a reputable nature you can think of because at one time she was with your now boyfriend and/or is with your ex-boyfriend.
2.) She's the girl who is so socially beneath you it's almost beyond belief.
3.) She's weird or again a straight up ahem...woman of a reputable nature.

Put your answer together however you wish but I've found out me, whom I consider to be next to monk like harmless have been "that" girl. And honestly yes, I consider it petty and insecure for anyone to be uncomfortable with me mostly because I'm insanely honest and rarely have ulterior motives that require playing "games".  However, sticking to my honesty theory I have "that" girls in my own life

It sucks.

Therefore, I've developed this Cervant-ish boldness with how people view me.  There will always be people who view me as "that" girl. Whether it has to do with a guy and their own insecurity, their own arrogance, or simply because there is something random in me that just doesn't take to their liking.  But nevertheless, I've decided that these will not be deciding factors in what or who I am.  I have an identity that goes beyond a list of characteristics I have come up with for myself.  God help me, I won't force myself to be anything other than me.  And I have learned one thing about myself.  Naturally, I am a friend first.  A quite devoted one. If I'm talking to a guy my first priority isn't to get a boyfriend or have someone to buy me a Valentines gift. My first priority is to get to know you and better become your friend.  And it's done genuinely. False advertisements aren't really in my line of business so I'm also not the type of girl who is suddenly living and enjoying a similar life to what you have. And as for any other numerators or denominators...I answer to God and no one else. And I can think of nothing more fulfilling than finding His grace and knowing I made Him happy.
I've had the different types of relationships.  I've had all the best friend relationships, the boyfriend, the romantic best guy friend, the brother guy friends, the 20 year best friends, the kindred spirits best friend, and nothing fulfilled me other than God. As much as we sometimes lie to ourselves thats our only option and until we are filled with God more than anything else we are always lacking.
I no longer mind knowing that out there in the world I'm "that" girl.  Because to God I'm Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment